The impacts of this class

I think this class has prepared me for my future in teaching because I have experience in the field and have worked virtually with students. I did not understand before this course how hard it truly is to teach children online and hold their focus. I have learned the difference between direct, inquiry, and cooperative lessons which will help me in my future lesson plan making. I learned that holding a student's attention over the computer is much more difficult than in-person because they can get sidetracked way more easily. Once you lose the student's attention it is very hard to get them back on track because they are already in a new world and would rather do anything than come back and focus. 

I now feel prepared for what my future teaching will hold because I am able to tackle any obstacles no matter the surprise. I never thought I would have to do my teaching observations fully online but I am almost happy because I now have this experience, god forbid this happens again,  I am prepared to face it. 

Comments