Hug the Earth Poem



Walking along feeling free 
Feeling the Earth here with me 
And I love her. She loves me 
I hug the Earth, the Earth hugs me. 
She's our friend, 
We'd like to be together forever. 
The Earth is our garden 
It's a beautiful place 
For all living creatures 
For all the human race, 
Helping Mother Earth 
We can peacefully roam, 
We all deserve a place 
We can call our home. 
Food is a treasure from soil and the sea. 
Clean fresh air from the plants and the trees 
The warmth of the sun giving life each day 
Turns water into rain, it’s nature's way. 
And I would like to thank you, Mother Earth, 
I like to see you dressed in green and blue  
I want to be by you.

Lorraine Bayes


I think this poem is a great poem to show in a social studies classroom because it talks about how you should always respect the Earth and not destroy it. It will go great with a lesson about how people used to cherish the Earth but in today's times, everyone litters and has little respect for the Earth. It is also important because we are teaching the students about being activists and stoping climate change. This poem is great because it talks about how the world is rapidly changing as we need to stop and see what we are doing is affecting more than just us but for generations and generations below us. IF we don't stop and "hug the earth" it's going to be too late. 

Comments