My philosophy of teaching

                                            Bitmoji Image

It is very important for teachers to have a teaching philosophy, this is why every classroom is different. Each teacher has a different perspective on how a classroom should be run and the attitudes towards their students. I think that a very important part of teaching philosophy is knowing what works best for you and your students. As a teacher, your job is to educate your students but you can not do that if they are not understanding what is happening in the classroom, not understanding how the classroom is run, and not following how the lessons are taught. 

In this class, we have learned three different types of lessons. Each lesson was a different strategy and because of that, I was able to see who the students reacted differently to Direct Instruction, Inquiry Learning, and Cooperative Learning. With learning these different teaching strategies I am now confident that I am capable of running an effective classroom. 

It is important to have a philosophy to gain success in a classroom and your career. It takes a lot of time and effort to cultivate a perfect philosophy that you will stick by for the rest of your teaching career. Through the help of this course, I was able to focus on my social studies teaching philosophy and work on it through the course of the semester. 

It is important to me that my students are always engaged in the lesson. I want to ensure that the lessons are fun and interesting. If I have a boring lesson where my students are going to fall asleep this means that they are not engaged in my lesson, or engaged in science. I want to make sure the students are focused and interested throughout the whole lesson. I want my students to be active participants in their learning. To keep the students involved in the lesson I will put on videos, ask questions, carry out the experiments, and keep my class very hands-on. 

I am not great at memorization, so I want to ensure my students are very hands-on with my lessons. I want to be a teacher that makes social studies fun again for my students. I will encourage my students to be active participants in my lessons so they are active and understand the material handed to them. 


Comments