My Fieldwork Experience


 Last week was my team's with field group, we were the last of the teacher candidates to go so this experience ended for us and the students at the same time. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience because I felt it helped me to understand how teachers are teaching virtually. It was a lot harder than I  expected because it was difficult for students to stay focused and on task. Sometimes the students would unmute their mics and take over the class and it was hard to get them to listen and refocus on the task handed to them. The students also sometimes had a difficult time when trying to find some material that we were trying to give them because we were not there to assist them on where to find the material. 

This experience came with its struggles but it was also very rewarding. I loved seeing when the kids finally understood something or when they were excited to present the work they created. There were also many benefits of being online like having the students be able to mute their mikes and all work silently to ensure there were no distractions. We also used the chat which was a very important form of communication that acted as a bridge between us and the students.  

Even though this was not a traditional fieldwork experience where I would be in a classroom, it still had its benefits and taught me new ways to connect with my students. 

Comments