Teaching Geography explore

 I was looking at a slide show that showed 103 creative ways to teach geography. I really liked this slideshow because it showed many different ways to get lessons to the students in nontraditional/ exciting ways. One of the examples in the slideshow was having the students create a 60-second film about a topic. I really like this idea because it is a fun activity for the students to do in small groups, which will also ensure they understand the lesson being provided to them.  the other creative way I looked at was to make a Landscape in a box. I think that students would really like this concept because they are able t express themselves through an arts and crafts project. I also looked at a thinglink page about the 5 themes of geography. I liked this thinglink page because it is interactive where students have to click around the map and find where the information is on the dots on the map.  

Comments

  1. Hi Sam!

    I absolutely loved your reflection this week. You actually picked one of my favorite slideshows of the year to reflect on in this post. Like you, I too was incredibly excited about this resource as I feel that it will be a great slideshow to add to our teacher tool kits as we move into this next chapter of our educational career. These activities are engaging, unique, and incredibly diverse. Beyond that, I truly feel that with a few minor alterations these concepts could be applied to many different subjects and content areas....how exciting! Although I really liked the two activities that you mentioned in your reflection, two of my personal favorites were the news report and the artifact bag. I think that these activities really allow students to develop their critical thinking skills as they work to apply the concepts of geography to different real-world applications. As we want the students to take their knowledge and apply it outside the classroom environment, I think that the social skills acquired through these experiences would be invaluable to my students...not to mention the numerous ways that this instruction could be differentiated to appeal to many different types of learners! How many wonderful directions this resource can take us! Congratulations on a wonderful semester and a great reflection. You have an incredibly bright future ahead of you and I wish you nothing but success and joy as you move into this next chapter of your life.

    Warmest Regards,
    Katie Murray

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment